Sunday, February 10, 2013

Painting Light and Shadow

I took new pictures of a painting from 2010, with my new lights, new camera and come to think of it a new tripod. Seems there have been many upgrades in the studio over the last couple of years.
Enlightenment, 24x24, oil on panel. 




The tripod I'm in love with! Ravelli APGL4 New Professional 70" Tripod with Adjustable Pistol Grip Head. The pistol grip thing is great and the ball joint to shoot vertical is very smooth.

It is heavy and I wouldn't want to use it for hiking but in the studio I love it. I have broken three canon tripods in the last few years, seems there are always little plastic pieces breaking off. So this time I spent a little bit more to get a better quality and I think this one will last.

My camera is one I bought to produce The Incognito Project book. We needed larger than life-sized super close-ups for two page spreads. It's a Canon EOS Rebel T3i 18 MP CMOS Digital SLR Camera.
The Activist,  detail, The Incognito Project book
I am still using an upgraded lens I bought a few years ago, the Canon, 24-85mm, Ultrasonic.

Read my other posts about Enlightenment, or about shooting photographs of your paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...