Monday, September 24, 2012

Professor Rattus and Her Royal Court Video

I made a video of the pet rat wrangling that went on behind the scenes at the photo shoot for this painting.

Enjoy!

 

Here's Carly's statement from the book about Professor Rattus.


Witness Statement:
I find that my ability to converse intelligently is inversely proportional to my proximity to a furry mammal. If it’s furry and friendly, I want to hold it and talk to it to the exclusion of the humans around me. My conversation, that may have started as, “Why, yes, I did hear that the Large Hadron Collider created an event that was a hundred thousand times hotter than the sun,” devolves into, “My goodness! Who’s a furry critter? You’re a furry thing. Yes, you are.” Take equal parts Asimov and Conan Doyle, two writers I’m passionate about, and add a dash of furry minions, and I can wallow in a mystical land tailored just for me.  ~Carly

This painting is one of The Incognito Project pieces:
~You may see the painting in Birmingham, AL on Nov.3 2012, at Art Folk Gallery, 5-9 pm, Young and Vann Building, 1731 First Avenue North. 
~You may pre-order the book about the project by emailing me at terry@terrrystricklandart.com ($60, includes domestic shipping)










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...